Wednesday, July 18, 2012

So, What did you learn?


So, What did you learn?


One irrefutable truth to life seems to be that no matter how long you are on this earth, you can learn something new every day.  It never ceases to amaze me how much I can learn from people half my age, and much less how much my one year old daughter teaches me. I just wish I could say I learn great and philosophical things. The truth be told, I learn who not to trust or why I felt weary in the first place. I should know by now, to trust my gut and listen to that inner part of my being that says yes or no to me in my head, yet I just can’t stop!

What are you talking about now?

Kids, Slackers, People with no drive!

There is a point where you have to ask yourself; Why am I here? If you fail to answer that question and other people are counting on you……….

Then GO HOME!!!

I do not how to put this any plainer. If you do not have the drive or just show up to go through the motions and have no idea what the motions are…….

GO HOME!

 In fact just go away from me.

Don’t talk to me don’t claim to be my friend and certainly don’t ask me if there are any projects you can work on.  NO THERE ARE NONE, mainly because you don’t know what WORK IS!!!!!!

For the record!

WORK:

 activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

such activity as a means of earning income; employment

 a task or tasks to be undertaken; something a person or thing has to do
 something done or made:

 Physics: the exertion of force overcoming resistance or producing molecular change.

 To be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, esp. in one's job; do work:

Just in case you were stupefied as to the content of that wonderful four letter word. There you have it. Please learn this and see how you may be able to apply it to your life.

For the rest of you I truly am sorry but I think we need to preach this from atop of every mountain and building we can find. I challenge you to hold each other accountable and make sure the next generation is aware that in order to work you must do more than just show up.

Know what you are doing or ask to be taught. Nothing in life is free and if you show up again and act like a moron, well lets just say I will be as blunt as I normally am!

WORK requires effort and knowledge of the job you are performing. If you want to be recognized than you must first know what the hell you are doing.

Ok, ok, I will step away and let that sink in. If you are feeling this offends you then you may need to take a look at your life. If you feel this is funny than you need to stop being the clown. If you feel this is a sermon needing to be preached than you my friend are welcome at my table for dinner.

Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment